Indice all'interno dell'articolo
What is the immune system and why is it essential for the body
When we think about protecting our body, the first thing that comes to mind is how important it is to have a healthy and strong immune system. We often hear it mentioned on TV, by doctors, and on the news, but what exactly is the immune system?
The immune system is our own personal line of defense that protects the body from external attacks by pathogens that could cause problems and compromise our health.
It consists of a complex network of cells, organs, and proteins that each perform a specific but complementary task:
- Specialized cells, such as white blood cells or leukocytes;
- Main lymphatic organs: bone marrow and thymus
- Secondary lymphatic organs: lymph nodes, tonsils, appendix, Peyer’s intestinal plaques;
- Cytokines: proteins that manage immune responses;
These components work together and allow the immune system to react to threats and protect the body from germs and other potentially dangerous foreign substances that could cause infection or disease.
For this reason, the reaction rate of our immune system is also very important. It has to be able to identify, react, and intervene as quickly as possible in order to effectively prevent the proliferation of the virus or bacteria.
The immune system also preserves and protects healthy cells while getting rid of any old, damaged, or dead ones. This means it plays an important primary role in cellular renewal.
Immune response and daily choices
Unfortunately, our immune system is not always able to fully protect the body.
Certain lifestyle factors can weaken our immune response therefore making it less effective in protecting us from invasions. Stress, an unbalanced diet, sedentary lifestyle, vitamin deficiency, and aging are just some of the things that contribute to the weakening of our immune defenses and, as a result, our health.
What can we do in these cases? The solution to the problem starts with our daily choices. Commit to adopting a healthy and active lifestyle, follow proper nutrition, exercise, try to avoid smoking and alcohol, and make sure you get lots of good quality sleep.
These measures should be accompanied by a targeted integration of active ingredients capable of stimulating and strengthening the entire immune system. Acting in prevention and keeping our body alert for potential threats.
Our advice is to start integrating lactoferrin in your daily diet. Why? For it’s natural benefits related to prevention. Before getting into what they are, however, let’s understand what lactoferrin is.
Lactoferrin: What is it?
Lactoferrin is a multifunctional protein found in saliva, tears, cow milk, and breast milk. Colostrum, the first type of milk produced right after the birth of a baby, contains the highest amount.
It performs two essential functions for our body: transports iron in blood and provides immune system support.
Lactoferrin belongs to the transferrin family and has the ability to bind with iron and transport it in the body. It attaches itself to free iron and lowers its overall concentration which prevents the formation of free radicals and bacterial replication. It therefore provides our system with essential antioxidants.
Thanks to its ability to regulate iron in the body, Lactoferrin has proven to be excellent in the treatment of iron deficiency and anemia.
Additionally, it functions effectively as an antimicrobial and antibacterial. It circulates throughout the body via blood plasma where it actively targets sites of inflammation and infection.
What is Lactoferrin used for?
Lactoferrin, thanks to its composition, can perform some fundamental functions for our body:
- Protective function: lactoferrin binds to plasma membranes, prevents the bonding of malignant particles and target cells, and counteracts replication and infection. This preventative and protective effect boosts our immune defenses.
- Regulatory function of the immune system: promotes the growth of T lymphocytes and modulates the expression of inflammatory cytokines. This immunomodulatory activity is valuable in activating and stimulating the immune defenses in both infectious and autoimmune diseases.
- Antioxidant function: if present in excess, iron can cause oxidative stress. Each lactoferrin molecule can bind itself to two iron ions which means it plays a crucial role in the redox balance by counteracting the proliferation of free radicals and slowing down cellular aging.
Lattoferrina 200 Immuno by PromoPharma: the ideal protection for the whole family
Lattoferrina 200 Immuno by PromoPharma is a dietary supplement based on lactoferrin that helps support and boost the immune system. It supports our immune system defenses while preventing and reducing the inflammatory processes triggered by certain infections.
Lattoferrina 200 Immuno is the ideal supplement for the whole family. It aids in strengthening the immune defenses of our body all year round and prevents us from getting sick. When taken daily, it provides maximum prevention and creates a defensive barrier against pathogens.
When to take Lattoferrina 200 Immuno?
Lattoferrina 200 Immuno is mainly used because it provides a natural solution for all those who:
- Have a deficiency or weakened immune system (hypoimmunity)
- Struggle with bacterial infections
- Suffer from iron deficiency (anemia)
- Suffer from gastrointestinal tract disorders
How are they taken?
- Stick Pack: 1 per day, as is or diluted in a little water, preferably in the morning.
- Capsules: 1 per day with a glass of water, preferably in the morning.