Summer is synonymous with sunny days, leisure and relaxation. But it also brings with it some disturbances that are accentuated due to rising temperatures. These include legs that feel heavy, tired and swollen. In fact, who has never suffered from stiff and tired legs?
Indice all'interno dell'articolo
What does the feeling of heavy and tired legs depend on?
Many women complain of problems related to the circulatory system. At the base of these common symptoms there is chronic venous insufficiency. This is a blood circulation disorder that can be more or less severe. It actually has no seasons, but multiple risk factors. Among these there are incorrect eating habits, overweight, familiarity, use of some drugs, constipation, few physical activity, old age, etc. Venous insufficiency can lead to the development of varicose veins. Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen, and twisting veins, often appearing blue or dark purple.
If the problem persists for a long time it is advisable to discuss with your doctor.
How to alleviate the annoying sensation of bloating, heaviness, heat, tingling, cramping and leg pains?
A healthy lifestyle is always recommended to prevent and improve health … also of our lower limbs.
- Surely, it is necessary to pay attention to food. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain vitamins, minerals, fibers and water promotes the tonic activity of the venous system and the elimination of liquids in excess. If you’re overweight, losing weight is recommended.
- It is essential to practice physical activity. There are specific exercises to tone and strengthen the leg muscles. With sunny days we should try to carve out some time for a nice walk, a swim, or a bike ride. Movement helps promote circulation and a correct blood flow.
Here are 10 tips to improve circulation and have lighter legs.
- Lots of fruits and vegetables, few salt. Vitamins, fibers and antioxidants present in fruit have an invigorating and protective power towards the circulatory system. They also help to keep water retention, and therefore swelling, under control.
- Drink lots of water. Maintaining good hydration is also very important to help expel toxins that stagnate in the blood vessels.
- Move. Sport and physical exertion favor venous return (ie the flow of blood to the heart from the periphery), through the movement of the leg muscles.
- Perform targeted exercises. If you stand for long time sitted in the office, for example, you encourage poor circulation and microcirculation. Therefore it is important to remember to stand up and stretch your legs. If the ankles are particularly swollen, we recommend massaging the sole of the foot with a tennis ball. Keep the plant in contact with the floor during this exercise.
- Refresh the legs. The cold is a vasoconstrictor: it restricts blood vessels and discourages venous stagnation. You can soothe your legs through a nice jet of cold water in the shower. You can also dip them in a tub with ice for a few minutes.
- Do not wear clothes that are too tight. Clothes that are too tight, such as jeans, constrict blood vessels, preventing venous return. Therefore, choose comfortable and loose-fitting clothes.
- Elevate your legs. Before going to sleep, you can place a pillow under your legs so that they stand upright and thus promote microcirculation. You can also rest your legs against a wall and keep an L position for a few minutes. This will encourage venous return.
- Practice self-massages. Bottom-up movements with specific products for heavy legs will help to relieve lower limbs.
- Don’t sit too long. Staying in this position for too long slows blood circulation and increase blood pressure, promoting swelling of the lower limbs. Never cross your legs, but keep feet parallel and well resting on the floor.
- Yes to natural home remedies! You can, for example, devote time to your wellbeing by giving yourself a foot bath based on water and plant extracts. Or you can take food supplements that support the functioning of the circulatory system.
What are the most effective supplements for heavy and tired legs?
Venous insufficiency as a leg syndrome is a condition to be treated in a targeted manner. The intake of dietary supplements has to find a place in our wellness routine. This is useful in order to support the proper functioning of the circulatory system.
Also in this case, nature offers us all its help. PromoPharma know this well, and that’s why we have formulated a specific and synergistic product line for these problems. Varistasi® plus are products that operates a unique synergy “in” and “ou” for the treatment of symptoms of venous insufficiency.
Specifically, Varistasi® plus is a food supplement in tablets based on highly concentrated active ingredients for a triple action:
- Maritime pine and Troxerutin, for an antioxidant action and reinforcement of the venous walls.
- Centella, for the correct functioning of the microcirculation.
- Lespedeza, to help drain excess fluids.
Varistasi® plus leg gel, on the other hand, is a medical device that works as a dermocosmetic treatment with a refreshing action. It gives an immediate relief of tiredness, heaviness and swelling of the legs. Based on:
- Witch hazel, centella, horse-chestnut and butcher’s broom for a tonic, vasoconstrictor and healing action.
- Blueberry and vine for an antioxidant, anti-edema and vasoprotective action.
How does the supplement work for leg pains?
In three words: repair, restore, drain.
- Repair: because at the base of venous insufficiency there is often vascular alteration or damage.
- Restore: to give new vigor and stimulate the contractile activity on the venous walls.
- Drain: to eliminate liquid stagnation, eliminating water retention and edema.
Prevent venous insufficiency and alleviate the annoying heaviness of the legs.
Remember: venous insufficiency does not occur only in summer, but it is a disorder that affects every season.
To help the venous return and relieve the annoying heaviness of the legs, take Varistasi® Plus, at a dose of 1 tablet a day, performing cycles of at least 20 days, several times a year. During the acute phase of discomfort, massage the legs with Varistasi® plus leg gel, performing a massage from the bottom upwards. This way you will stimulate venous return and reduce swelling.